Monday, September 20, 2010

Vow Renewal Plans Start

So, Dennis and I are planning our Vow Renewal for 2011.  While it will only be 8yrs that we will be married we figured it was a good time.  2012 we aren't for sure what will be going on, and 2013...well, I'm not comfy w/ the 13 part (yes I'm that superstitious).  We figured that R&R would be a great time to do it, and kind of a romantic thing to do.  

So, as it looks like right now we are looking at Sept/Oct if we get what we are hoping for for R&R.  Last week J&J Century farms called us (after we sent an inquiry about pricing for weddings) and told us that we can use their farm for free, and that they would get us a deal on the catering, cake, and possibly photography!!!!  So, there is some money saved!!!!!  We were looking for a farm or an outdoor location because we want to go w/ a chic rustic or chic country theme.  Dennis actually was wanting a Realtree theme (NO JOKING), but we came to a compromise.  LOL.  Originally our colors were Red and Champagne, but after we realized when we would be doing it and stuff we talked about it.  We are now doing Yellow and some splashes of orange here and there (fall colors).  The farm this time of year has pumpkins, so I will be buying some pumpkins from them (small ones) to help decorate, and we will be buying some fake sunflowers to toss in here and there.  They also run a Corn Maze, so we might toss in some dried corn husks (again MIGHT).

As far as my dress goes I havent picked one out yet.  I am thinking of knee length since its a vow renewal w/ a yellow sash tied around the waist, but I really wanted a big gown to feel like a princess (LOL).  So, who knows what I will choose.  I'm thinking next month I am going to be going out w/ Cierese and looking at dresses (she was my Matron of Honor at my wedding, so who better to go w/).  Dennis really wants me to take her (he trusts her judgment and she can take pics) and actually go next month while he gone.  It was his idea.  I was going to wait till Feb after he left.  I never got to do this the first time around, so I'm actually very excited about it.

Most of the rest of the stuff needed for the vow renewal we are going to be DIYing (w/ the exception of the DJ...we do have to find one) or getting from ETSY.  I want to carry sunflowers, but I am thinking that I will be getting silk sunflowers to use and save money off real ones (unless we can find someone w/ smaller sunflowers who will let me "pick" them.  I want to get one to put into my hair too (though I dont know how it will be done, but I know who will be doing it...Tammy Dorsey over at Rachel's Salon off Madison St (across from old hosp).  I will be doing our invitations again, but not as cheesy as they were w/ the wedding...LOL.

Well, I have to run I will talk more about it later.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment